- Ecological justice
One year contract (with potential for renewal)
39,912 to 53,040 euros per annum
- Great team
- Generous benefits
- Remote working
As the Communications Lead, you will help shape and execute a forward-thinking communications strategy that increases Recourse and our partners’ capacity to influence and champion justice and enhances inclusivity, sustainability, and global collaboration.
Your role will be pivotal in promoting awareness among decision-makers and driving change for environmental and social justice and transparency and accountability in public finance. Your work will also amplify the engagement of civil society in countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. We seek a dynamic individual who is passionate about driving positive change through strategic and inclusive communication practices.
- Shape and implement an organisational communication strategy aligned with Recourse’s mission and objectives.
- Collaborate with the team to promote consistent messaging across all communications channels.
- Support efforts to develop and enhance brand visibility and reputation.
Content Creation and Oversight
- Oversee and contribute to the production of engaging and impactful content for various platforms, including press releases, articles, social media posts, and website content.
- Manage content calendars and publications schedules and ensure timely delivery of communication materials
- Liaise with the Recourse proof-reader and contribute to Recourse’s outputs having a consistent look and feel
- Collaborate to deliver the production of Recourse’s Annual Report and bi-annual newsletters.
- Help to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers, and support staff in these relationships..
- Help staff prepare and send out press releases
- Proactively seek opportunities for media coverage and respond to media inquiries.
- Help prepare staff and partners for interviews and public appearances.
Digital and Social Media Management
- Manage Recourse’s website, support staff in producing web content, and engage with the website provider.
- Develop, and support staff to implement a social media strategy focused on Twitter and LinkedIn to amplify Recourse’s presence.
- Monitor social media channels, engage with the identified priority target audiences for Recourse’s messages, and respond to comments and messages.
- Stay informed about emerging trends in digital communication and adapt strategies accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proven experience (min. 2 years) in a communications role, preferably within the international non-profit or advocacy sector.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic communication plans aligned with the organisation’s objectives.
- A “can-do” attitude that can cut through obstacles to make change happen.
- Proficiency in digital communication tools and platforms.
- Strong writing and editing skills for various platforms, including press releases, articles, social media posts, and website content.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional language skills would be advantageous.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and respond to communication challenges effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and civil society partners globally and in in Asia, Latin America and Africa
- Demonstrated experience of implementing a gender and sexual orientation-sensitive approach
- Understanding of public finance, economic development, and related issues, particularly in the context of international development and social justice issues.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time project-based position for one year, renewable upon securing additional funds. Flexible working will be considered. The gross full-time salary will be in the range of 39, 912 to 53,040 euros per annum, depending on experience, per Recourse’s salary scale. Recourse offers outstanding benefits including 25 days’ paid annual leave, travel insurance, pension contribution, and a friendly work atmosphere with an international team.
Recourse is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We fill job vacancies based solely on qualification for the position and irrespective of race, religion, age, national origin, language, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
We consider applications from those who wish to work as consultants rather than staff and would also consider part-time or flexible working.
Recourse is Netherlands based, but works as a virtual team, with staff based in different countries around the world. All systems are on-line, so you would be expected to work remotely. Support for home-working costs on a pro rata basis, would be available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter to email@example.com by close 13 February 2024. Please include “Communications Lead Application” in the subject line.